Boarding School Educator
Created in the former regional headquarters of the National Bank of Belgium, the Mosa Ballet School comes to life in this emblematic building located on Place Saint-Paul in the center of Liège (Belgium). In total, more than 10,000 m² of infrastructure have been radically transformed into educational, cultural and sporting spaces in order to offer young dancers and teaching staff a living and working environment that makes them want to excel every day.
As an education professional, prevention and mediation, you will listen to each pupil to help them grow, to enable them to gradually take ownership of school life, to find their place and to develop the necessary social and academic learning on the road to autonomy and responsibility.
Your schedule is based on 2-3 week cycles: 6:30 pm-7:15 am or 6:30 pm -10:30 pm with one weekend every 2-3 weeks from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm.
Under the supervision of the Head of Student Supervisors, your main tasks are as follows :
• supervising and monitoring the students and young dancers being trained at Mosa and ensuring the safety and well-being of each student during weekends and nights
• ensure that the rules of school life are respected and that the "living together" is built up by explaining and enforcing the discipline rules and by acting as mediator
• in rotation with your colleagues, ensure a presence at night and at weekends within the school and animate/rhythmize the days and nights of the pupils (waking up, breakfasts, study, end of day activities, bedtime, night surveillance, ...).
• managing emergency situations that may arise, particularly in terms of health and safety, in accordance with the established protocol and, if necessary, accompanying the student to the hospital.
• playing an alert role in the event of anomalies, incidents and identified risks by informing the competent parties (maintenance and watch officers, emergency services and management)
In addition to your general responsibilities towards all students, you will be appointed as a referent for a group of students. You will be the privileged contact and will act as an interface and mediator for the young person and his/her family with the Athénée Charles Rogier and the dance teachers.
You will participate in the social programme Quand On Danse on an ad hoc basis.
Availability for night, weekend and holiday work.
Educator A2 diploma
Experience as an educator or youth worker for more than 3 years
Positive approach to situations and mediation
Sense of caring, collaboration and initiative
Good observation and listening skills
Strong personal, affective and emotional balance
Knowledge of the Office Suite: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Fluent in English and French
Nice to Have
First aid certificate
Other language skills
Experience in the world of teaching and boarding school
An opportunity to participate in an exceptional project of global ambition
A unique, historic and completely renovated working environment
A competitive salary
A permanent contract with a starting date mid-August 2022